Grass grows most effectively in the summertime, which is why it’s especially important to have a working lawn mower throughout the entirety of the summer season. If you’re caught without a lawn mower in the summer time, you may end up with a lawn that looks less than ideal. Be sure that your yard is looking its best throughout the summer hosting season by following a few simple tips to keep your lawn mower in good working order.
Lawn mowers consist of a mechanical engine, not unlike a car or motorcycle. Thankfully, modern lawn mower engines are relatively easy to care for. If you’re struggling to maintain your lawn mower, however, you may want to invest in lawn mower repair in Ogden, UT. This can help you ensure that your yard is kept in tip-top shape, and help you avoid the expenses of unnecessarily purchasing a new lawn mower.
Here are just a few tips to keep in mind as you maintain your mower this summer season:
- Clean it out: The most significant thing you can do to keep your lawn mower in good condition is to keep it clean. Cleaning all grass and debris out of your mower after each and every use will prevent premature degradation and help you avoid rust. Be sure to also change the oil before storing it—used oil can eat away at the crankcase.
- Check the air filter: If your engine isn’t getting enough air, it may not be running as intended. You should check the air filter with regularity throughout the summer season. Depending on the model of mower that you use, you may be able to clean it. If not, you should replace the air filter whenever it looks dirty.
- Clean the gasoline: Gasoline degrades over time. If it’s been a while since you’ve used your lawn mower, you should replace all of the gasoline, and treat the new gas with a cleaning agent. This will help prevent engine damage caused by dirty, watery or aged gasoline.
- Change the spark plug: It’s advisable to change your spark plugs once every year. If you’re hauling your mower out for the first time this season, you should give the spark plugs a solid look-over. If they appear to be in sub-par condition, it’s better to replace them now, before they actually fail.
- Sharpen the blade: Your lawn mower blade should also be sharpened with regularity, typically once per year. Sharpening the blade on your lawnmower will allow it to cut grass, rather than tear it up. Using a mower with a dull blade can cause substantive damage to your yard.
Since 1979, Ogden Lawn & Garden has been a premier source of lawn mower repair in Ogden, UT. You can count on us to provide you with high-quality lawn mower sales and services. We are committed to ensuring that each and every one of our customers has the tools necessary to keep their grass and gardens looking great. To learn more about the services and products we offer, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today!
Categorised in: Lawn Mower Repair