Keeping your lawn mower in good shape can be a true challenge. If you’re wondering how you can keep your lawn mower in tip-top condition, you should probably consult with an expert at your local lawn equipment store in Ogden, UT. Working with a qualified lawn mower maintenance professional is the best way to protect the investment you’ve made in your yard and lawn equipment. Consulting with a lawn mower repair expert can help you identify the best ways to care for your specific lawn mower model.
Unfortunately, many people assume that lawn mower care is easy. This means that they often perform inadequate maintenance on their yard equipment, and don’t care for it properly.
Here are just a few common mistakes people make when caring for their lawn mowers, and easy steps you can take to avoid these pitfalls:
- Not checking tire pressure: It’s extremely important to stay on top of your mower’s tire pressure at all times. Low tire pressure causes a number of issues that affect the quality of your lawn and could potentially damage the machine. Low tire pressure will result in a lower quality cut and cause extraneous vibrations to the engine mount.
- Not sharpening mower blades: If you don’t regularly sharpen your mower blades, you’re going to tear your grass, rather than cut it. This results in an ugly, uneven lawn. It may actually cause substantial damage to the health of your yard. If you’re looking for a good way to ensure that you’re cutting your grass correctly, sharpen your blade often.
- Not replacing spark plugs: The spark plugs on your lawn mower should be replaced at least once a year. Lawn mowers, just like gas-powered cars, rely on combustion engine technology to operate successfully. This means that you should regularly clean and replace your spark plugs to ensure a clean, even cut and a healthy engine.
- Not adjusting the blade deck: If your grass has grown substantially since you last cut it, you’ll need to adjust the blade deck accordingly. If you’re trying to cut too much grass, you could damage the engine and prematurely dull your blade. You should never attempt to cut more than half the blade of grass at a time—if your grass is too long, you’ll probably need to go over it several times.
- Improper storage: Many people don’t know how to store their lawn mowers properly. You not only have to keep your mower out of the elements, but you also have to ensure that it’s not holding used oil and old gasoline. Gas and oil will ultimately eat away at the structural integrity of your mower.
Since 1979, Ogden Lawn & Garden has been among the most trusted lawn equipment stores in Ogden, UT. We are proud to provide each and every one of our clients with lawn care products and services that meet their specific needs. We are here to help you make your home’s landscaped areas look their very best. To learn more about the full range of products and services we offer, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today!
Categorised in: Lawn Equipment