If you live in an area where water isn’t an overly abundant natural resource, you probably try to be conscious of your water use. Still, for many people, a huge portion of the water that’s used goes toward watering plants and lawns. While having a well-maintained yard is a great thing, you might be concerned that you’re using too much water for your plants. Thankfully, there are several things that you can do to effectively cut down on your water use without sacrificing the beauty of your yard. Here are some tips from a lawn equipment dealer in Ogden, UT:
- Apply mulch: Mulch can be incredibly effective at helping your plants retain water and stay cool on hot days. You can look online for types of mulch that are best for the plants you have in your yard, or go to a lawn and garden store for professional recommendations. Apply mulch around your plants a couple of inches away from the base to cover the roots in an even layer.
- Water at the right time: It’s important to maintain a consistent watering schedule for your plants. You should water your lawn and garden early in the morning, which will help avoid evaporation and keep your plants protected from excessive heat during the day. You should consider installing an irrigation system that you can set up to water your plants on a timer for an even more precise use of water.
- Consider drought-resistant alternatives: Some plants simply aren’t well suited for dry climates, and trying to give them enough water to grow can be costly. Instead of using excessive water on plants that aren’t ideal for your climate, consider replacing them with some drought-resistant alternatives. If you aren’t sure you’re ready to replace your whole lawn and garden with drought-resistant plants, consider just replacing a few to try it out and see if you like it.
- Take advantage of rainy days: Check the daily forecast before you water your lawn to see if there’s any rain coming your way. On rainy days, you can skip your watering session and let Mother Nature take care of your lawn instead.
- Keep up with weed control: Weeds aren’t just unattractive—they can be a major drain on resources in your lawn and garden. Weeds can consume significant amounts of water and prevent your plants from getting the water that they need to grow. Make sure that you remove weeds as soon as they appear.
Talk to a lawn equipment dealer in Ogden, UT
At Ogden Lawn & Garden, we know how important it is to keep your lawn looking healthy and beautiful, and that’s why we are proud to provide our customers with a selection of equipment and services to help them accomplish this task. Our family owned business has been around for decades, and we are still committed to the quality of our products and the satisfaction of our customers. As an experienced lawn equipment dealer in Ogden, UT, we are confident that we can help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Find out more about what we have to offer by giving us a call or stopping by today.
Categorised in: Lawn Equipment